A Cure for the Empty Nest Syndrome
At the 2016 Glen Rock Community Showcase, Mary Jane Surrago discusses how singles or couples find new social lives and rewarding use of their time by joining the Glen Rock Volunteer Ambulance Corps. It provides an opportunity to meet new people, to be involved and join an organization that prides itself for community services. Classes to become an Emergency Medical Technician will get you out of the house and provide you with valuable skills. Attending monthly drills and business meetings will get you involved with residents of all ages who come from all walks of life. Our members are high school students, young parents, nurses, attorneys, business owners, teachers, business owners and other professionals. And yes, empty nesters! Many members form lasting friendships – duty crews meet to have coffee, discuss the week's events, do rig checks or just hang out together.
Benefits To GRVAC Members:
- Length of service rewards are accrued for all vested members, with funds invested in a tax deferred income account.
- We offer a stipend termed "Clothing Allowance" that is rewarded for annual activity.
- Free membership to the Glen Rock Pool for all family members.
- Paid babysitting while attending EMT training.
- Paid babysitting while on duty.
- Workers compensation.
- Free uniforms.
- Free EMT training at EMS Training Academy.
- Scholarships through State organizations.
Each call is different, each drill is informative and business meetings are lively. We can assure you that it is one decision you will not regret! Visit www.grvac.org to learn more.